Prepare Healthy Meals In Minutes:
Comments are available in the bottom of the Article (new)
Obesity is one of the most talked about health issues today. Since 1980, overweight rates have doubled among adults and children and tripled among adolescents, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Regular exercise and good nutrition are at the heart of staying healthy, reducing the risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity. But eating right can be a challenge in today's fast-paced world.
With a bit of creativity and professional-style equipment, preparing healthy, delicious food is faster and easier than it may seem. Here are tips for using blenders in the Vita-Mix Professional Series to easily create flavorful, nutritious meals and snacks:
* Fresh fruits are an essential part of a healthy diet, and they're easy to incorporate into your daily routine. Make a fresh fruit smoothie for breakfast instead of a sweet roll, or try a smoothie for an evening snack instead of ice cream, cookies or chips.
* Soup made with fresh ingredients can make a light but satisfying entre. Using a commercial-grade blender, you can create a variety of recipes in minutes - from a heart-healthy tomato soup to a delicious squash soup - and add more vegetables to your diet.
* The USDA food pyramid recommends 5 to 8 ounces of grains per day, with an emphasis on whole grains. The Vita-Mix Professional Series cracks whole grains into flour for creating delicious cereals, pancakes and healthy homemade breads.
* With childhood obesity a growing concern, parents can prepare baby food at home using fresh, flavorful and healthy ingredients. When you make it yourself, you know exactly what is in it.
* Offer fresh and healthy appetizer options at a party. Salsa or red pepper hummus on summer squash rounds are tasty ways to celebrate any occasion.